Photographic and Photoshop Tuition
Professional but friendly we offer a very personalised service to suit everyone from complete beginners to advanced workers. Learning on a 1:1 basis might seem a little extravagant at the outset but in the long term is far more productive and cost efficient. Our short course packages come highly recommended and are great value for money.
Whether you are new to photography or looking to improve your skills we can tailor a programme to meet your needs and expectations, based on tuition in photographic/camera skills or image processing in Adobe Photoshop or Elements, or any combination of these.
Learn how to improve your composition, use the aperture setting to create images with blurred backgrounds, take control of shutter speeds when photographing moving objects, learn how to get to grips with layers in Photoshop…..and more, naturally.
With over 15 years experience in teaching, a real passion for photography and Photoshop, hopefully my love of the subject will shine through. My aim is for you to leave with the enthusiasm to take photography that little step further and give you the confidence to experiment with Photoshop. It might seem like a daunting program at the start, but learn a few basic techniques and the complexities will soon disappear!
I am very patient what ever your skill level and aim to explain in a manner and speed that is suitable for you. Clients with learning difficulties and disabilities are also warmly welcomed.
Tuition can either take place in our garden studio, the indoor office or take the lesson in the comfort of your own home using your own trusty and familiar equipment.
If you answer ‘Yes’ to some of the questions below then why not contact me and discuss how I can help?
- Do you want to have the skills and confidence to take more than just holiday shots?
- Do you take lots of photographs but end up being disappointed with the results?
- You may have made a significant investment in your camera but are you getting the most from it?
- Do you want to be able to blur the backgrounds on photographs of people?
- Would you like to be able to add a new sky to a photo?
- Do you want to be able to prepare and produce good quality prints cheaply and effectively?
- Do you want to know how to add special or artistic effects?
- Would you like to feel confident using layers?
- Would you like to know how to crop, re-size, use curves and more in Photoshop?
- Are you interested in using Photoshop to make promotional posters for your club?
I offer 1-to-1 training in camera skills, Photoshop and Lightroom from beginner to advanced.
For those new to photography we would recommend a programme of five two-hour sessions, which would be tailored to meet your needs. For more experienced photographers looking to improve on specific aspects we would suggest a half or full day workshop..
Further examples may be viewed on our flickr site (will take you to the “Before and after” flickr set).
|Prices for 1-1 tuition|
|Tuition sessions||Standard Price|
|½ day (3 hours)||£90|
|Block of 5 2-hour sessions (5 for the price of 4)||£270|
|Full day workshop (6 hours actual tuition; 1 hour lunch break included)||£160|